ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
NUMBER OF RECIPIENTS PER TERM
DEADLINES TO APPLY
For Spring: October 1
For Fall: June 1
For Spring: No later than December 30
For Fall: No later than August 1
In order to qualify to apply for the Ashley Soulé Conroy Study Abroad Scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate in a U.S. 4-year college or university.
- Have at least 30 hours of completed undergraduate credit by the time of the study abroad term’s start date.
- Intend to study abroad in a program that is outside of the U.S.
- Be enrolling in a study abroad term (the days that you are actually enrolled in classes abroad) that is no shorter than 14 weeks.
- Be applying for either the Fall or Spring semester. Summer applicants will not be considered unless their academic term abroad is longer than 14 weeks, in which case they should apply for the Spring semester scholarship.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at their current institution, verifiable on their transcript.
- If you have further questions regarding eligibility, please refer to our FAQ page before contacting us.
ITEM’S YOU’LL NEED IN ORDER TO APPLY
There are a few items you’ll want to have ready before you begin your application.
- An updated resume. You may upload in either .PDF or .DOC format.
- A digital copy of your transcript in .PDF format. This may be either official (downloaded from your Registrar’s Office) or unofficial; however, please note that all winners will be required to submit official transcripts before accepting the award.
- Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in .PDF format.
- Typed responses to the following two short essay questions. We recommend writing and editing your responses in a program such as Word so that you can save your work as your write and also check spelling and grammar. Later, you’ll be asked to copy and paste the text into the body of the application.
- Tell us a bit more about where you are in life right now. This is an open ended essay and we aren’t looking for any specific answer. Instead, we’d like to get to know you personally. You can write about pretty much anything here but if you need help, tell us about things like: what excites you these days and/or what your hopes and dreams are for your future and how have they changed over the years and/or what challenges you’re facing, etc. (100-200 WORDS)
- Please write an essay that tells us about a single experience that has changed or shaped your life. Note that the experience does not need to necessarily be a “big” major life experience (e.g., death, divorce, health issues), though it’s of course fine if it is. But it’s also possible it’s something that’s seemingly small. For example, one award-winning applicant wrote about her first day at her first job. The essay is one of the best ways that we get to know our applicants personally, and it’s one of the most important parts of your application, so please take the time to write your best essay here and be sure to check out our post that gives 8 Tips for Great Essay Writing. (500-800 WORDS)